VISIAN IMPLANTABLE CONTACT LENS
Implantable Contact Lenses
Enjoy "High Definition Vision" with Visian ICL. If you have an active lifestyle and are looking for better vision, consider the Visian lens.
What is Visian ICL?
Visian ICL is an implantable contact lens, officially referred to as an implantable collamer lens. Collamer is the flexible, highly biocompatible material used to produce the Visian lens. The lens sits painlessly inside your eye, similar to the lenses used in cataract surgery, without the need to replace or care for it like a typical contact lens.
The ICL Procedure
After you decide that the Visian ICL is the right choice for you, your physician will determine the necessary lens prescription for your individual vision. Topical anesthetic drops are placed on your eye before the procedure. Small corneal incisions are made where the lens will be passed through. The lens is placed into the natural space that lies between the iris and the natural lens of your eye. Careful preoperative measurements are taken using a highly sophisticated biomicroscope to determine the proper size of the ICL, customizing the lens chosen to your eye.
Following surgery, your physician will prescribe eye drops. The procedure is an outpatient surgery which typically lasts 5-10 minutes. Sutures are rarely needed due to the incisions being so small.
The procedure is quick with little to no discomfort. Most patients see immediate improvement and most are able to return to their normal activities within 24 hours of the surgery.
How Long Does Visian Last?
Visian is a permanent procedure, though if you wish to have the implant removed, you may do so at any time since it is a reversible procedure. Once in place, the Visian ICL will not be visible to you or others and no more fussing with dry contacts that fit uncomfortably on top of your eye.
Am I a Candidate for Visian?
Read the requirements below to determine if you are a good candidate for Visian ICL:
- Between the ages of 21 and 45
- If you are nearsighted
- If you’re prescription for glasses/contacts has not changed within one year
- If you are not currently pregnant
- No allergies to medications related to refractive surgery
- If you have dry eyes, severe myopia, or a thin cornea
Extra Benefits of Visian
- The advanced lens material contains a UV blocker which prevents harmful UV rays from entering the eye.
- Collamer material is very similar to your eye’s natural lens; so it is able to transmit light without the negative effects of glare, halos, and impaired night time vision. Its anti-reflective quality also provides a clearer and sharper vision, providing high definition vision!
- Over 99% of patients who receive the Visian ICL are satisfied with the results, including military personnel.
- Research studies show that the Visian ICL procedure presents predictable outcomes, low risk for complications, and long lasting results.